Home / About company / News
Diana Samykova is 39 years old. It works in Minsk branch of RUE Beltamozhservice for exactly half of its existence, and exactly 10 years. Diana won the qualifying competition "Declarant-2020" and is now preparing to represent RUE "Beltamozhservice" in the final stage of the republican competition, which will be held at the end of October this year. We found out from Diana Samykova who a specialist in customs declaration is and why it is more difficult for men to find this profession.
Before starting customs declaration, Diana worked at an industrial enterprise in Minsk in the customs clearance department. There she was engaged in filling out statistical declarations and sometimes cleared goods from third countries. After the company was disbanded, Diana completed courses on customs declaration - in order to study her profile in more depth and find a job at RUE Beltamozhservice.
A customs declaration specialist is one of the participants in the customs clearance process, who is responsible for the procedure for moving goods across the border. He must not only be well versed in the legal framework and know what, for example, eye patches are made of, but also have nerves of steel. Any mistake in the coding of the product could result in serious financial damage.
A customs declaration specialist does not work with one type of goods. Every day he has to code a wide variety of products: from oil and children's toys to knitwear and carburetors.
- Each of the goods has its own TN VED code, so our specialists must understand everything. One of the most difficult product categories is medicines. It is not easy to declare them, because you have to study chemical compositions, - Diana talks about the nuances of her work.
As a rule, all information about the goods is requested from the client, and based on it, the specialists determine the TN VED code. A correctly declared code is the key to the successful work of a customs representative. It is the code that determines the rate of customs duty and all associated payments. Hence the high responsibility of employees.
- In addition, specialists in customs declaration are required to know the Customs Code, the civil legal framework, the Administrative and Criminal Codes, as well as the basics of accounting and economics. It is important to take into account the fact that legislation is constantly changing, therefore, in order not to be mistaken in the decision made, a specialist needs to track all changes in the legal field.
When asked about gender advantage, Diana claims that it is a little easier for women to work in this area. This is primarily due to the fact that specialists must manage to do several things at the same time.
- Every day we work with different types of declarations: import, export, and transit. These are “multi-code” types of goods that need to be processed quickly. It is important to be emotionally stable as well, because there are many conflict situations. Especially during the New Year holidays, when many people do not calculate the weight of goods or “forget” that they are bringing their second refrigerator across the border in a month, ”says Diana.
When it comes to her victory in the qualifying round of the 2020 Declarant contest, the young woman is a little lost.
- Success comes thanks to experience and patience, - Diana replies quickly. - I am a responsible person: if I take on work, I always do it efficiently. Maybe that's why I am appreciated in the organization.
Elena Skripchik, First Deputy General Director of RUE Beltamozhservice:
- The selection stage of the "Declarant-2020" competition is held at the RUE "Beltamozhservice" every year. Its goal is to raise the level of professional skills of specialists in customs declaration. Participation in the competition allows us to improve the qualification requirements for specialists in customs declaration. It is important that following the results of the main stage of the "Declarant-2020" competition, a team will be formed to participate in international competitions in the EAEU member states.
Diana Samykova took part in the competition at the initiative of the head of the department, who invited her and another employee to represent the Minsk branch. At that time, the young woman was the best specialist in the department.
- This year the contestants solved test tasks, - says Diana. - We had an hour to answer questions about customs legislation. We were looking for solutions in non-standard situations that we face in our work. The winner was chosen based on the efficiency of the tasks and the number of points scored.
21 customs declaration specialists from 6 branches of the company took part in the selection stage of the competition, which took place on August 19 at the central office of RUE Beltamozhservice
On October 20, Diana Samykova will represent the RUE at the final stage of the "Declarant-2020" competition. According to the young woman, she is pleased that she will become the face of the organization at the republican stage of selection.
- This is a big responsibility, it is important for me not to let my enterprise down, - Diana worries. - I have my own secret of success, which I am guided by: the more you study legislation and regulatory legal documents, the faster you find solutions and the better you do your work.
Today every customs representative is fighting for his image. The more qualified the specialists, the less refusals by the customs authorities and the lack of post-control, followed by the identification of errors and financial claims. In addition, the process of preparing documents for such employees is accelerated many times over. And this is primarily the image of a logistics operator. The "Declarant-2020" competition provides an opportunity for specialists to express themselves, as well as improve the status of a customs representative in the service market.
Photo by the author, Beltamozhservice